Led by Nayaswami Mangala
Yoga Therapy Training: Principles
- Mar 1 – 8, 2015
- Jun 14 – 21, 2015
Nursing CEU Eligible: 38 hours
Yoga Alliance RYT's and E-RYT's: This course offers 43 hours of continuing education credit. .
This in-depth 7-day program is the first module of Ananda’s Yoga Therapy Training. It will give you many practical foundational skills necessary for a safe and effective yoga therapy practice. You will also gain an understanding of the foundations of yoga therapy, which come from the ancient sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda.
In this course you will:
- Gain practical client assessment skills (including structural and functional assessment, basic Ayurvedic constitution assessment)
- Learn how to take and document a client history
- Learn to create, document, and evaluate individualized therapeutic yoga plans
- Deepen your understanding of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Learn how to design individualized yoga therapy regimes
- Discover how Yoga and Ayurveda work together to promote well-being of body, mind, and spirit.
- Deepen your understanding of the breadth of Yoga teachings (asanas, meditation, pranayama, diet, yoga philosophy, intuition, lifestyle, and more), and how they can be used to help a client therapeutically
- Explore Energy Healing: how to send healing energy to others; the roles of prayer and intention; the power of the mind; the therapeutic use of affirmations, visualizations, and mantra
- Explore important issues in conducting the business of yoga therapy
In addition, you will learn how to communicate with health care professionals: how to generate and interpret referral information. You’ll explore how to establish therapeutic relationships with your clients: how to set clear boundaries; what are professional and ethical boundaries; listening and communication skills.
In short, by the end of the week, you will have been given the basic skills for creating your own yoga therapy practice. We hope you will take advantage of this rich opportunity!
This program is the foundation for all of our other yoga therapy programs. It is a prerequisite for the Musculoskeletal Yoga Therapy course and most of the other Core Ananda Yoga Therapy Training.
For more information, see Course Syllabus.
The Ananda Yoga Therapist Certification program is so much more than I imagined. I have been teaching for 14 years and have wanted to expand and deepen my knowledge as well as work more therapeutically with my students.
The program is all embracing ~ asana, ayurveda, chakras, special health issues touching on body, mind, and spirit. The instructors were wonderful, knowledgeable, supportive, and enthusiastic. The environment is conducive to learning as well as personal growth.
—T. C., Palo Alto, CA
Prices are all-inclusive and cover accommodations, meals, classes or activities, and course materials. You can add extra personal retreat days before and/or after your program. Check availability and costs for the days and accommodations that you require.
Yoga Therapy Training: Principles starts the afternoon of the first date listed. It’s ideal to arrive before 4 pm, if you are able to. That way, you can join in the afternoon session of yoga and meditation, which begins at 4:45 pm. Dinner is at 6:30. The first real gathering of your group is at 7:30 pm. If you need to arrive here after 5 pm, that’s fine, but it helps us if you let us know at 800-346-5350. We can also put aside a dinner for you if you need to arrive after 7 pm. The program ends with lunch on the last date. Please see our Daily Schedule.
Ananda Yoga Therapy Training
- Flow Chart of Ananda Yoga Therapy Training Courses
- Course Syllabi
- Tuition Costs
- Yoga Therapy Training Courses Scheduled
- Frequent Questions
- Apply for Level 1
- Student Handbook with Costs
- Bridge to Ananda Yoga
- Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
- Ananda Yoga Assistantship
- Yoga Therapy Training: Principles
- Yoga Therapy Training: Musculoskeletal 2
- Ananda Meditation Teacher Training
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- Advanced Pranayama
- The Essence of the Yoga Sutras
- Yoga Therapy Training: Musculoskeletal 1
- Yoga Therapy Training: Psychology and Mental Health
- Yoga Therapy Training: Ayurveda
- Yoga Therapy Training: Health Challenges I
- Meditation Solutions
- Spiritual Counseling Training
or e-mail or call us at 1-800-346-5350
- Mar 1 – 8, 2015
- Jun 14 – 21, 2015
Yoga Therapy Training: Principles starts the afternoon of the first date listed and ends with lunch on the last date. Please see:
Pick up & drop off at Sacramento Airport. Click links for details.
Yoga Alliance RYT’s and E-RYT’s receive a 10% discount on the total cost for Yoga Therapy Training: Principles . To receive the discount, simply tell us your Yoga Alliance registry ID number (it’s on your RYT/E-RYT card) when you register.