Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength
Formerly: Seniors and Osteoporosis
Nursing CEU Eligible: 19 hours
- Jun 11 – 14, 2017
Prerequisite: Principles of Yoga Therapy (which has additional prerequisites) or permission of the instructor, for AYTT graduates or RYT's from Yoga Alliance
Our increasing population of seniors is looking for ways to maintain health and age gracefully. For many, the aging process involves loss of muscular strength, decreased flexibility, and increased risk for falls.
Yoga teachers and yoga therapists have an opportunity to provide a much-needed service by learning to help older people:
- Practice yoga safely
- Use yoga practice to optimize bone strength
- To maintain muscle strength and flexibility
In this course, you will learn:
- How to teach yoga gently and safely to help seniors maintain a full and active life
- How to help people build strength, flexibility, and balance
- How to enhance bone density for the otherwise healthy yoga practitioner and for those with low bone density.
- How to modify asanas for those with osteoporosis, including those who already experience postural and structural changes.
For more information, see Course Syllabus.
Your instructors for this course are all certified Ananda Yoga teachers as well as medical professionals: Barbara Bingham, PT; Maitri Jones, RN; Nayaswami Mangala, RN, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
Ananda Yoga Therapy Training
- Flow Chart of Ananda Yoga Therapy Training Courses
- Course Syllabi
- Tuition Costs
- Yoga Therapy Training Courses Scheduled
- Frequent Questions
- Apply for Level 1
- Student Handbook with Costs
- Bridge to Ananda Yoga
- Yoga Therapy Training: Musculoskeletal 2
- Yoga Therapy Training: Health Challenges 2
- Ananda Meditation Teacher Training
- Ananda Yoga Assistantship
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita According to Yogananda
- Yoga Therapy Training: Principles
- Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength
- Advanced Pranayama
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
- The Essence of the Yoga Sutras According to Yogananda
- Yoga Therapy Training: Psychology and Mental Health
- Yoga Therapy Training: Musculoskeletal 1
- Yoga Therapy Training: Ayurveda
- Yoga Therapy Training: Health Challenges I
- Ananda Meditation Solutions™
- Ananda Spiritual Counseling™ Training
or e-mail or call us at 1-800-346-5350
Costs are on a per person basis.
- Jun 11 – 14, 2017
Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength starts the afternoon of the first date listed and ends with lunch on the last date. Please see:
- Jun 11 – 14 pick-ups
Yoga Alliance RYTs and E-RYTs receive a 10% discount on the total cost for Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength. To receive the discount, please tell us when you register: your name as it appears in the Yoga Alliance registry, and your city/state/country.
The yoga therapy components of these courses are based on our accreditation by IAYT, not derived from our status as an RYS with Yoga Alliance Registry.