Ananda Yoga® Teacher Training
A Spiritual Approach to Yoga
Go beyond physical exercise into the deeper realms of yoga. It's a life-changing experience — for both you and your students — as you experience Ananda's unique, integrated approach to working directly with the body's subtle energies for spiritual growth and wellness on all levels.
Immerse Yourself in Yoga as a Way of Life
This residential yoga teacher training in California is much more than techniques. You'll be a full-time part of Ananda Village, one of the leading ashrams in the U.S. As you explore creative new ways to live your yoga, you'll be supported by the magnetism of an entire community of long-time yogis.
A Dynamic Professional Training
Ananda's is the only yoga teacher certification in the highly regarded yoga tradition of Paramhansa Yogananda. We've spent more than 30 years making it into a first-rate expression of that tradition — a dynamic blend of professional training and personal growth. Ananda helped found Yoga Alliance, the non-profit group that established national standards for yoga teacher training.
Go Deep in Your Practice
You'll learn to teach—and practice more effectively—a broad spectrum of yoga techniques, including:
- 30 asanas, including how to draw their spiritual benefits
- Asana mechanics, safety cautions, and how to adapt asanas for student limitations
- How to work directly with the body's subtle energy, including the chakras and kundalini
- Classical pranayama (yoga breathing techniques)
In addition, you'll learn and practice traditional yoga meditation techniques and Yogananda's renowned Energization Exercises. As in any ashram environment, you'll also have the option to participate regularly in chanting and prayer.
Go Beyond Techniques
This comprehensive curriculum also includes:
- Yoga philosophy, including Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and more
- Yoga lifestyle, including yogic diet and magnetic living
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
Become a Magnetic Teacher
- Practice teaching for groups and one-to-one
- How to assist and adjust students in the asanas
- Guidance on how to refine your teaching, including a video recording session and personal teaching reviews
- How to plan a class: structure and sequence; your own teaching style; marketing
“At my first class after the yoga teacher training retreat, one of my students said, ‘You are different. I want what you have.’ To me that is the best testimonial of my Ananda experience.”
– C. S., Fresno, California
Additional Personal Benefits
- Create a new direction in your life
- Become much more personally empowered
- Connect with your own highest self
Receive Post-graduation Support
- Newsletters, question and answer forum, student referrals, discounts on courses for 500-hour yoga teacher certification, and more
Register with Yoga Alliance
Graduates of this yoga teacher training in California can become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) with Yoga Alliance, the national yoga teacher certification standard in the United States.
This designation will enhance your credibility as a teacher.
“My experience at The Expanding Light Retreat was ecstatic.… My personal practice has deepened, and I can confidently share my knowledge, feelings and practices with my students. ”
– L. J., Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
The Dr. Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease is currently looking for yoga teachers/stress management specialists trained by Ananda. Read more...
Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
|What is the most helpful advice an Ananda Yoga Teacher has offered you?|
200-hour certification in one month
Yes, you can split the course into 2 two-week segments
- Apr 5 – May 3, 2015
- Jul 12 – Aug 9, 2015
- Oct 25 – Nov 22, 2015
Nursing CEU Eligible: 100 hours
“This was the best month of my life – truly a life-transforming experience…”
– C. S., Fresno, California
“My 4 weeks of Ananda Yoga Teacher Training was one of the most fulfilling and spiritually transforming periods in my life. All of the instructors, along with the entire Ananda community, were very supportive and nurturing.”
– R. F., Lake Bluff, Illinois
|Ask a Question||Articles|
|Teaching Students with Unique Needs|