Ananda Yoga® Teacher Training
A Spiritual Approach to Yoga
Go beyond physical exercise into the deeper realms of yoga. It's a life-changing experience — for both you and your students — as you experience Ananda's unique, integrated approach to working directly with the body's subtle energies for spiritual growth and wellness on all levels.
Immerse Yourself in Yoga as a Way of Life
This residential yoga teacher training in California is much more than techniques. You'll be a full-time part of Ananda Village, one of the leading ashrams in the U.S. As you explore creative new ways to live your yoga, you'll be supported by the magnetism of an entire community of long-time yogis.
A Dynamic Professional Training
Ananda's is the only yoga teacher certification in the highly regarded yoga tradition of Paramhansa Yogananda. We've spent more than 30 years making it into a first-rate expression of that tradition — a dynamic blend of professional training and personal growth. Ananda helped found Yoga Alliance, the non-profit group that established national standards for yoga teacher training.
Go Deep in Your Practice
You'll explore powerful practices such as classical yoga meditation techniques and Yogananda's renowned Energization Exercises. You'll also learn to teach a broad spectrum of yoga practices including:
- 30 asanas, including how to draw their spiritual benefits
- Asana mechanics, cautions, and how to adapt asanas for limitations
- How to work directly with the body's subtle energy, including the chakras and kundalini
- Classical pranayama (yoga breathing techniques)
Go Beyond Techniques
This comprehensive curriculum also includes:
- Yoga philosophy, including Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and more
- Yoga lifestyle, including yogic diet and magnetic living
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
Become a Magnetic Teacher Apply Now
- Practice teaching for groups and one-to-one
- How to assist and adjust students in the asanas
- Guidance on how to refine your teaching, including a video recording session and personal teaching reviews
- How to plan a class: structure and sequence; your own teaching style; marketing
“At my first class after the yoga teacher training retreat, one of my students said, ‘You are different. I want what you have.’ To me that is the best testimonial of my Ananda experience.”
– C. S., Fresno, California
Additional Personal Benefits
- Create a new direction in your life
- Become much more personally empowered
- Connect with your own highest self
Receive Post-graduation Support
- Newsletters, question and answer forum, student referrals, discounts on courses for 500-hour yoga teacher certification, and more
Register with Yoga Alliance
Graduates of this yoga teacher training in California can become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) with Yoga Alliance, the national yoga teacher certification standard in the United States.
This designation will enhance your credibility as a teacher.
“My experience at The Expanding Light Retreat was ecstatic.… My personal practice has deepened, and I can confidently share my knowledge, feelings and practices with my students. ”
– L. J., Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
|What is the most helpful advice an Ananda Yoga Teacher has offered you?|
200-hour certification in one month
Yes, you can split the course into 2 two-week segments
*Pick up & drop off at Sacramento Airport. Click on link next to date to get full details.
Nursing CEU Eligible: 100 hours
“This was the best month of my life – truly a life-transforming experience…”
– C. S., Fresno, California
“My 4 weeks of Ananda Yoga Teacher Training was one of the most fulfilling and spiritually transforming periods in my life. All of the instructors, along with the entire Ananda community, were very supportive and nurturing.”
– R. F., Lake Bluff, Illinois
|Ask a Question||Articles|
|Teaching Students with Unique Needs|