Led by Nayaswami Mangala
Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy
- Oct 7 – 11, 2013
Nursing CEU Eligible: 23 hours
Yoga Alliance RYT's and E-RYT's: This course will offer continuing education credit. Details coming soon.
Learn a powerful approach to guiding clients to optimal health. The principles of Ayurveda, India’s ancient healing science, will help you tailor yoga techniques to each client’s unique needs.
In this course you will:
- Explore basic principles of Ayurveda—doshas, elements, gunas, agni and ama, constitution (Prakruti), and state of imbalance (Vikruti)
- Discover how lifestyle influences a state of “balance and harmony”
- Learn to assess ayurvedic constitution, with an emphasis on body type and mental constitution
- Recognize constitutional imbalances
- Learn the relationship between ayurvedic states of balance and imbalance, and how they relate to health conditions that may be helped by yoga therapy
- Explore how asanas and pranayamas influence the doshas, gunas, and agni
- Learn how to select and customize asanas and pranayamas to help balance different doshas
- Learn ayurvedic fundamentals of healthy eating
• Explore how ayurvedic diet applies to a variety of health challenges
This program will be taught by Nayaswami Mangala.
Ananda Yoga Therapy Training
- Frequent Questions
- Apply for Level 1
- Principles of Yoga Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Yoga Therapy
- Advanced Pranayama
- Meditation Teacher Training
- Ananda Yoga Teacher Training Assistantship
- The Essence of the Yoga Sutras
- Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Therapy Specialty Areas I
- Yoga Therapy Training for Seniors and Osteoporosis
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
or e-mail or call us at 1-800-346-5350
- Oct 7 – 11, 2013
Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy starts the afternoon of the first date listed and ends with lunch on the last date. Please see our Daily Schedule.
Yoga Alliance RYT’s and E-RYT’s receive a 10% discount on the total cost for Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy. To receive the discount, simply tell us your Yoga Alliance registry ID number (it’s on your RYT/E-RYT card) when you register.