Our Contribution to World Peace
“If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” - Dalai Lama
The Expanding Light Retreat Staff has been contributing to world peace since 1983 by teaching meditation—one person at a time.
The numbers of students trained in the Hong-Sau technique:
By The Expanding Light Retreat: 36,600
(We very conservatively estimate the number of students trained as of January 2016 at 20,000, and will add students from that date.)
By Graduates of Ananda Meditation Teacher Training: 36,829
Please encourage your students to join Ananda in sharing this prayer of Yogananda's for world peace:
For one minute, say aloud or silently: Lord, fill this world with peace and harmony, peace and harmony.
For 15 seconds, say aloud or silently: Lord, fill me with peace and harmony, peace and harmony.
Inspiring stories of teaching meditation by our Ananda meditation teacher graduates:
- Teaching Meditation in High Schools
- Overcoming Speaking Anxiety
- Teaching Meditation
- Ananda Meditation Teacher’s Success Story
- More Meditation Success Stories
- Meditation Changing Lives
- Meditation and Mental Health Issues
- Meditation Lowers Blood Pressure
- An Ananda Yoga and Meditation Teacher’s Success Story
- Meditation Students’ Healing Experiences
- About Meditation
- Inspiration for Your Teaching
- Our Contribution to World Peace
- Short Stories
- All Articles
What is the most insightful advice an Ananda Meditation Teacher has presented you?
14618 Tyler Foote Rd
Nevada City, California 95959
Toll free 800-346-5350
Outside US 530-478-7518