Yoga Alliance RYT's and E-RYT's: This course offers up to 45 hours of continuing education credit. Ask your instructor for documentation.
- Jun 12 – 19, 2016
- Extensive practice of advanced breathing techniques, bandhas, mudras, and hybrid techniquesHow to integrate asana, pranayama, and meditation
- The deeper, subtler aspects of the chakras, and how to use their energies to enhance your spiritual practices
- How to awaken and raise kundalini energy
- Karma, reincarnation, and the subtle body
- A deeper understanding of the anatomy & physiology of breathing
- How to work with students who have respiratory problems due to asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, cardiac disease or obesity
- How to correct breathing irregularities, such as reverse breathing, uneven breathing, rapid breathing, chest breathing, and more
- Deeper exploration of Yogananda’s Energization Exercises, and for Ananda Yoga teachers, how to teach those exercises
This course is open to all and is also part of Ananda's Yoga Therapy Training. In this Course Syllabus, certain parts apply only to those who seek certification as an Ananda Yoga Therapist.
This course not only taught me sometechniques that I will probably use for the rest of my life. Itprovided an environment for me to have some real experiences. As a yogainstructor, I felt the material presented in this course was vital to myunderstanding of the essence of yoga.
—B.A., Grass Valley, CA
This has been the most wonderful and self-transforming yogatraining of my life! I feel deeply grateful to Gyandev and Diksha for theirteaching ability to bring my knowledge of Ananda Yoga to a deeper level.
—C.L., Modena, Italy
Advanced Pranayama is a unique gem of a class!Since returning home, I have found that my Kriya practice has deepened, and myexperience of the Hong-Sau technique has become much sweeter. By taking thetime to slow down and really concentrate on the breath, I realized that therewere some subtle aspects of both techniques, which I had been missing. Thiscourse created the time and space I needed to focus with deeper concentrationand awareness on the power of the breath, and on the connection to Spirit whichlies in the space between inhalation and exhalation. I highly recommend thiscourse to anyone who would like to deepen and refine their meditation practice!
—K. M., West Kingston, RI
When I revisited the Adv. Pranayamacourse—having taken it years before—the depth of "how to" energizeand breathe had such profound effects that my Ph.D. neurotherapist released mefrom 21Ž2 years of weekly, sometimes daily, brain treatments for depression andanxiety.
Learn to move with purpose and to breathe with purpose—maybe more.A “Wow!” experience that will be long lasting.
—B.V. Sequim, WA
What a wonderful surprise to discover how deepthe breathing practices truly are, and the depth of exploration possible byengaging the bandhas. What in the past had looked to me as such an outwardpractice, was really a pathway to inward experience.
—J.S., Charlestown, RI
The Advanced Pranayama workshop seems to bethe owner’s manual for breath and controlling prana. We laughed, talked,meditated and found stillness. I feel as if I now have the experience of theancient rishis to guide and assist me in my meditation practice.
—A.S., Fresno, CA
or e-mail or call us at 1-800-346-5350
- Jun 12 – 19, 2016
Advanced Pranayama starts the afternoon of the first date listed and ends with lunch on the last date. Please see:
Yoga Alliance RYTs and E-RYTs receive a 10% discount on the total cost for Advanced Pranayama. To receive the discount, please tell us when you register: your name as it appears in the Yoga Alliance registry, and your city/state/country.