Yoga Teacher Training
Overcoming Obstacles by becoming an Ananda Yoga teacher As director of the Ananda Yoga Teacher Training Program at The Expanding Light Retreat, I’m fortunate to meet yoga practitioners of all ages and backgrounds, who have dedicated themselves to a regular … Continue reading
Author: Kyle McDonald Kyle McDonald C-IAYT 2017 Yoga Therapist/ Healing Arts Instructor Children’s Integrative Therapies, Pain Management & Supportive Care Department / Hasbro Children’s Hospital Rhode Island Hospital Cancer Institute Reflecting on my own journey of healing, I know that … Continue reading
Winter is a time for comfort, staying warm, and withdrawing from outer activity. Unlike the other seasons, winter gives us the opportunity to stay indoors and take notice of the changes that are needed to create better balance in our … Continue reading
These are principles we focus on at The Expanding Light Retreat and in our Ananda School of Yoga & Meditation for teaching yoga and training teachers. Practice what you teach. Always teach from your own experience and realized knowledge. Constantly … Continue reading
Dharma, or right action, wrote Paramhansa Yogananda, “means those immutable principles which protect man permanently from the three-fold suffering of disease, unhappiness, and ignorance.” An embodiment of dharma himself, Yogananda explained: “Destruction of suffering involves the permanent elimination of all … Continue reading
If you haven’t heard about the “30-Day Energization Challenge” that Gyandev launched on October 12, you can read about it and join if you’re interested. This challenge couldn’t have come at a more useful time in my life. Recently, I’ve … Continue reading
The Bhagavad Gita teaches us that Life is a Battlefield, so we shouldn’t really be surprised when two of our national yoga organizations seem to be engaged in turf battles. However, on closer examination of the reactions to Yoga Alliance’s … Continue reading
As yoga teachers, it is wise to reflect on our passion to practice and share yoga. Practicing yoga, sharing yoga: the two are interdependent. None of us would be driven to teach if we didn’t find our own practice inspiring. … Continue reading
Autumn is a time of change: the leaves fall from the trees and the weather signals a time of transformation for nature, animals, and people. With the energetic activity of summer behind us, there is now an opportunity—with encourage from … Continue reading
Energize your spiritual life with inspiration straight to your inbox
All authors are graduates of Ananda Yoga Teacher Training.
Posts for Yoga Teacher Training
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Yoga Therapy Final Essay
- Winter Restorative Yoga Pose
- 10 Tips for Yoga Teachers
- Dharma and the Destruction of Suffering
- Energizing Your Spiritual Life
- Yoga Alliance’s New Policy on Yoga Therapy
- Why Are You Teaching?
- Autumn Restorative Yoga Pose
- Yoga and Epilepsy
- A Restorative Yoga Pose for the Summer
- Returning to Yoga after a Back Injury
- The “Right” Way to End Deep Relaxation
- Taking God Out of “God”: A Crash Course in Semantics
- Rendering Grateful Service
- Postpartum Meditation: Does It Exist?
- Prenatal Yoga Tips on Meditation
- Teaching the Art of Discovery – Part 1
- Yoga for Teens (Part 2)
- Insights from a Master Teacher
- Yoga for Teens (Part 1)
- Level 1 AYTT Changes
- Ananda Yoga Goes to the Movies
- Playing the Pauses
- What is the most helpful advice an Ananda Yoga Teacher has offered you?
- Prenatal Yoga: Are You Ready for the Good News? Part 2
- Prenatal Yoga: Are You Ready for the Good News? Part 1
- Teaching the Art of Discovery – Part 3: Discovery via Challenges
- Teaching the Art of Discovery – Part 2: Teaching More-Advanced Asanas
- Are Your Students Bored?
- Keepin’ It Simple
14618 Tyler Foote Rd
Nevada City, California 95959
Toll free 800-346-5350
Outside US 530-478-7518
Receive uplifting emails with inspirational content and news about our retreat programs, travels, and trainings.