Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength
Formerly: Seniors and Osteoporosis
Nursing CEU Eligible: 19 hours
Yoga Alliance RYT's and E-RYT's: This course offers 19 hours of continuing education credit.
- Nov 29 – Dec 2, 2015
Prerequisite: Principles of Yoga Therapy (which has additional prerequisites) or permission of the instructor, for AYTT graduates or RYT's from Yoga Alliance
Our increasing population of seniors is looking for ways to maintain health and age gracefully. The aging process can vary widely from one person to the next, with a common variable being how active or sedentary the person is. For many people the aging process involves loss of muscular strength, decreased flexibility, and increased risk for falls. About 55% of people over 50 have low bone density, which increases their risk for fracture.
Yoga teachers and yoga therapists have an opportunity to provide a much-needed service by learning to help older people:
- Practice yoga safely
- Use yoga practice to optimize bone strength
- To maintain muscle strength and flexibility
In this course, you will learn:
- How to teach yoga gently and safely to help seniors maintain a full and active life
- How to help people build strength, flexibility, and balance
- How to enhance bone density for the otherwise healthy yoga practitioner and for those with low bone density.
- How to modify asanas for those with osteoporosis, including those who already experience postural and structural changes.
For more information, see Course Syllabus.
Your instructors for this course are all certified Ananda Yoga teachers as well as medical professionals: Barbara Bingham, PT; Maitri Jones, RN; Nayaswami Mangala, RN, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
Ananda Yoga Therapy Training
- Flow Chart of Ananda Yoga Therapy Training Courses
- Course Syllabi
- Tuition Costs
- Yoga Therapy Training Courses Scheduled
- Frequent Questions
- Apply for Level 1
- Student Handbook with Costs
- Bridge to Ananda Yoga
- Ananda Yoga Assistantship
- Yoga Therapy Training: Psychology and Mental Health
- Ananda Meditation Teacher Training
- Yoga Therapy Training: Ayurveda
- Yoga Therapy Training: Health Challenges I
- Meditation Solutions
- Spiritual Counseling Training
- Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Therapy Training: Principles
- Yoga Therapy Training: Health Challenges 2
- Yoga Therapy Training: Musculoskeletal 1
- The Essence of the Yoga Sutras
- Advanced Pranayama
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
or e-mail or call us at 1-800-346-5350
- Nov 29 – Dec 2, 2015
Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength starts the afternoon of the first date listed and ends with lunch on the last date. Please see:
Yoga Alliance RYTs and E-RYTs receive a 10% discount on the total cost for Yoga Therapy Training: Seniors and Bone Strength. To receive the discount, please tell us when you register: your name as it appears in the Yoga Alliance registry, and your city/state/country.