Led by Nabha Cosley
The Heart of Yogananda
There are no dates currently scheduled.
Who was Yogananda? Was he just a swami from India, limited to a time and place in the mid-20th century? Is his life relevant today, in the age of the Internet, cell phones, and fast-paced high-stress lifestyles?
“As a bright light shining in the midst of darkness, so was Yogananda’s presence in this world. Such a great soul comes on earth only rarely, when there is a real need among men.”
—The Shankaracharya of Kanchipuram
This program is an intensive in who Yogananda was and what it was like to live with him. A yogi of tremendous energy and will power, he was also a channel of unconditional love who transformed the lives of those he met.
Throughout the weekend, you'll:
- Hear stories about his life through the eyes of those who lived with him
- Experience Yogananda's vibration, meditating with relics from his life at one of the most powerful meditation spots associated with his path
- Learn chants that he wrote, each one written to help you overcome a specific obstacle in your life
- Practice Yogananda’s technique of meditation and learn his Energization Exercises
- Get a glimpse into the consciousness of a master, and learn how you can become as great as he, no matter what religion you follow
Course materials that you will take home with you include previously unpublished and rare material connected to Yogananda's life, plus a complete annotated bibliography to help you continue to explore his teachings on your own.
This weekend will be led by Nabha Cosley. Nabha’s father became a disciple of Yogananda when Nabha was an infant, and Nabha himself began to read Autobiography of a Yogi at the age of 7. He is one of Ananda’s beloved webmasters, and has been teaching at The Expanding Light and the Ananda Meditation Retreat for a few years.
The Heart of Yogananda starts the afternoon of the first date listed. It’s ideal to arrive before 4 pm, if you are able to. That way, you can join in the afternoon session of yoga and meditation, which begins at 4:45 pm. Dinner is at 6:30. The first real gathering of your group is at 7:30 pm. If you need to arrive here after 5 pm, that’s fine, but it helps us if you let us know at 800-346-5350. We can also put aside a dinner for you if you need to arrive after 7 pm. The program ends with lunch on the last date. Please see our Daily Schedule.
Come a Day Early
Relax, Take a Walk,
Get a Massage
Stay an Extra Day,
Absorb Your Experience