Permaculture Workshops at Ananda Village
Saturdays 9 am–1pm
Permaculture is a system to help humans live in greater harmony with the wisdom of nature.
At Ananda we’re working with two Permaculture experts, Tom and Renee Wade, to discover how to create Food Forests.
You’re invited to join in these valuable and fun sessions.
What is a Food Forest? It is an orchard and garden combined into a biodiverse, forest-mimicking, multi-layered, symbiotic mix of edible and medicinal plants. By design, it maximizes the productive use of light, water, and soil nutrients.
These workshops are offered Saturdays from 9 am–1 pm.
Weaving the Layers of the Food Forest, part II
- Understand how to place plants in relation to each other
- Gain confidence in designing plant guilds for your own place
- Learn how to work with wetland areas
The Flora Needs the Fauna
- Learn a multi-layered approach to gophers
- Find out how to assist the pollinators
- Understand how to integrate birds (chickens, ducks, geese) into the food forest, including the do’s and don’ts of building a chicken tractor
Tom and Renee Wade are certified Permaculture Design Consultants with 35 years combined experience in professional organic landscaping and gardening, with 10 years’ experience in the Sierra microclimate.
In addition, there are Work Party mornings, at no charge. You will join about 30 Ananda Village residents in the work, and will learn a tremendous amount about Permaculture in the process.
You may register as an Expanding Light Personal Retreat guest.
Nature and Spirit Courses Scheduled:
Please see our Daily Schedule.
Personal Retreat (PR)
Personal Retreat is available almost every day, except the nights of:
Please give us a call at 1-800-346-5350
Normal Daily Rates
“I could not have envisioned a more perfect personal retreat...”
– Pamela Hazard, Santa Barbara, CA
Three delicious and satisfying
vegetarian buffet meals are included
with the cost of your stay
Enjoy long walks on our beautiful 800 acres of forest and meadowland