Once you have decided which program you would like to attend, you may make a reservation with us online, by calling us or email. See our calendar to help you decide which program you would like to attend.
Register online for Personal Retreat and most programs. For programs other than Personal Renewal, it is easier to register online from the page with the course's description. Just click on "Register Now" button.
Please call 800-346-5350 or 530-478-7518 and charge your deposit on Visa or MasterCard.
The deposit for your reservation is calculated per guest and depends on the cost of your stay:
|Up to $500||$100|
|$501 to $1,000||$150|
|$1,001 to $1,500||$200|
|$1,501 to $2,000||$250|
|$2,001 and up||$300|
- The deposit for Meditation Teacher Training and Yoga Teacher Training is always $300/person.
- These two programs and some others require an application to be approved before we can reserve your space.
When we receive your deposit, we’ll send you a confirmation with a list of what to bring.
It is rare for the weather here to be bad enough that you can't easily get here. But if that does happen, you can roll your entire deposit over to another visit.
If you cancel or reschedule at least 7 days before your scheduled arrival, half of your deposit remains as a credit for one year and half is forfeited. If you cancel or reschedule with shorter notice, the entire deposit is forfeited.
For Yoga Teacher Training: If you cancel or reschedule at least 21 days before your scheduled arrival, $200 of your deposit remains as a credit for one year, and $100 is forfeited. If you cancel or reschedule with shorter notice, the entire deposit is forfeited.
To actually cancel your reservation call Guest Services at 800-346-5350 or 530-478-7518
Our guest services staff will be here to greet you when you arrive at our reception desk.
Our office hours are: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Mon through Thu, 8:30 am - 6:30 pm Fri, and 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Sat & Sun.
Check in whenever you like after 1:30 pm and enjoy the buildings and grounds. Your room will be ready no later than 3:00 pm. We strongly recommend that you arrive by 5:00 pm Wed-Fri and 4:00 pm Sat-Tues; it makes for a more relaxing start for your visit. Please call us if you plan to arrive after hours. If you arrive after hours, there will be no staff at the front desk to greet you, but we will leave you a key, map and welcome packet so you can get to your room.
Programs begin with dinner (usually at 6:30 pm) on the first day listed and end with lunch on the last day. Check-out time is 11:00 am. Guests, especially those from far away, who are enrolled in a particular program find it works best to arrive a day or more before the program begins to unwind and / or to stay a day or more afterward to integrate their experience. Contact us for nightly rates.
In order to maintain our uplifting and peaceful atmosphere and ensure a serene and enjoyable experience for all, we have a few guidelines at The Expanding Light which we ask our guests to please observe:
- No recreational drugs or alcohol during your stay.
- Smoking is permitted ONLY outdoors and ONLY on the paved parking lots both out of consideration for our guests and to reduce fire hazard.
- No pets on the grounds.
- Quiet hours are from 9:00 pm to 9:00 am.
- Music may be enjoyed with the use of headphones (no musical instruments).
- Guests who snore need to reserve a private room unless they are coming with a roommate who doesn't mind. Unfortunately, guests who reserve a shared room and have to be relocated because of snoring will have to pay for a private room.
We’re located at a 2500-foot elevation in the foothills, not the mountains. We sometimes get a little snow, but winters are generally mild. In January it’s common to have high temperatures in the 60s. We can't promise particular weather when you visit, but it is very rare for snow to cause travel problems.
- Energy of The Expanding Light
- What You Will Find Here
- Getting Here
- Welcome to Ananda
- How to Take a Retreat
- Our Teachers
- Frequent Questions
- About Ananda Village
- Ananda Worldwide Retreats
- Contact Us
- Donate Here
- Finding Happiness - The Movie and the Retreat
- Shop Our Online Boutique
- Spiritual Counseling at a Distance
- Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Gift Certificates